SQF Practitioner Training Requirements and Responsibilities
SQF Practitioner Requirements
The practitioner must:
1. Be a full time employee in a position of responsibility for the management of the SQF System.
2. Complete a HACCP Course. This course does not have to be approved by SQFI, but the practitioner must be competent to implement and maintain the HACCP system.
3. Have an understanding of the SQF Code and the requirements to implement and maintain the SQF System. The SQF practitioner can meet this requirement by participating in a class about SQF implementation or an online course.
When evaluating the credentials of an SQF practitioner, the auditor will ensure that the practitioner demonstrates knowledge of the SQF code.The auditor can evaluate the practitioner's knowledge during the audit by asking open-ended questions about the SQF system, code and general requirements. Our "Complete Training Package" is perfect for preparing you to meet this requirement.
SQF Practitioner Responsibilities:
- Has the responsibility and authority to lead the development and implementation of the Food Safety Fundamentals and the Food Safety Plan.
- Leads the implementation project and be responsible for the maintenance of the SQF system and ensuring its integrity through validation and verification.
- Plays a key role in the communication of information related to the implementation and maintenance of the SQF system.
- Is responsible for validating and verifying the food safety fundamentals and the food safety plans. For level 3 systems they will also validate and verify the food quality plans.
- Validate any changes to the food safety fundamentals and food safety plans.
The SQF Code defines the required qualifications for this role in Section 18.104.22.168 "SQF Practitioner". A site may have more than one practitioner if needed to cover responsibilities for the operations or shifts.