Georgia State House approves food safety bill

The bill was introduced in the state last year in response to the salmonella outbreak linked to a peanut processor in South Georgia. More than 700 people became sick and nine died as a result of the outbreak that was traced to peanut products from the Peanut Corporation of America in Blakely. The nuts had been processed and incorporated in thousands of products nationwide, leading to one of the largest food recalls in history.

via www.foodnavigator.com

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply